We think looking at your individual situation, combined with our common-sense approach to lending, makes better sense for everyone.
A business-minded approach
As well as offering first charge commercial mortgages for many purposes, we also cater for a wide range of circumstances; think start-ups to established businesses, perfect credit profiles to a Default or CCJ. We’ll also consider lending against commercial property regardless of construction, type, or use. So there’s more chance we can lend a helping hand.
We’ll consider commercial mortgages for:
- traditional buy-to-let portfolios
- semi-commercial and commercial investment property
- leased industrial, manufacturing, wholesale or office units
- restaurants, and retail units
- equestrian centres, hotels, leisure premises
- residential multi-lets, residential care homes
- warehouses, light industrial units, working farms and farm houses
- complex cases such as pubs, nightclubs, and part-developed property
- land with no planning permission or agricultural restrictions
- Mortgages and remortgages from £26,000
- First and second charge
- We accept most security types
- Up to 75% LTV (loan to value)
- Discounted variable rates
- Interest-only and capital repayment options available
With added value
We use common sense and flexibility to add value to your investment. We can secure on many properties other lenders may not consider unlocking the finance you need. Our discounted-rate product means we can offer you reduced payments in the first year of your mortgage – often the most difficult time of any financial commitment.
10 steps to getting a commercial mortgage
- We’ll discuss your circumstances with you and what you need.
- Once confirmed, we’ll help you complete an application form.
- Underwriting will review the application and complete a Credit Check. To do so, we’ll need various documents from you including ID and proof of income.
- If everything is ok, we’ll arrange a valuation.
- Valuation returned and will be checked by the underwriting team. If ok, we’ll instruct our solicitor.
- Your solicitor receives the legal documentation.
- Once all the paper has been sent back, our solicitor will complete the Report on Title.
- Our solicitor team will review the ROT.
- At this stage our underwriter team will complete a full review of the file in preparation for funding.
- We’ll transfer funds to your solicitor and you're good go.
Our lending criteria
- Maximum LTV (loan to value) – 75%
- Maximum loan – £250,000 (more by referral)
- Rates start from 7.90%
- Repayment terms – 7 to 30 years
- Interest Only terms – 7 to 10 years
- Maximum age – 80 years at end of term
- Credit profile – we accept CCJs and Defaults (even in the last 12 months)
- Income types – employed, self-employed, temporary/zero-hour contracts, DWP benefits, pension