Our secure online payment facility is straightforward, convenient and free to use. You can make a payment towards your loan or mortgage through our payment portal.
Pay by Direct Debit:
Our preferred method of you paying your mortgage is by Direct Debit. A Direct Debit allows us to collect your mortgage payment electronically on or around your monthly payment due date.
If you are currently paying by standing order, or any other payment method, and wish to change to Direct Debit, please call us on 0161 333 7403.
Pay by telephone:
To pay using our automated payment system available 24 hours a day, please call 0161 333 7410 and select option 1.
If you would like to make a payment and discuss your account call 0161 333 7410 8am-8pm Monday to Friday.
Please have the following documents to hand when paying over the phone, so we can make it easy:
- Your mortgage account details, which can be found on your statement
- Your debit card details
Before we can accept your payment, we will need to verify your identity by asking you a series of security questions. Should a payment be made by a third party, such as a relative, additional checks will be required.
Please allow time for the payment to clear with your bank. This can take up to 3 working days.
Pay by cheque:
You can make a payment towards your loan or mortgage by cheque. To help us make sure that your cheque payment is applied to your account as quickly as possible, please make the cheque payable to Cheshire Mortgage Corporation Limited/ Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Limited or Blemain Finance Limited depending on who your lender is.
The following details should be written on the payee line of the cheque so that this payment can be applied to your account:
- Your mortgage account number, which can be found on your statement
- Your full name.
Your cheque payment will be applied to your account on the day that we receive it. However, you should allow good time for your cheque to be delivered by the postal service and received by us.
Pay by standing order or bank transfer:
You can set up a payment from your own bank account by standing order or bank transfer.
Third party payments
If a third party is making a payment towards your account on your behalf by cheque, we are required under current anti-money laundering legislation to perform identification checks on this third party.
Please ensure that any third party making a payment towards your account provides us with the following information together with their payment:
- Statement confirming their relationship with the account holder and the reason for making this payment.
- An original or certified copy of one of the following documents; current UK/EEA signed passport, current UK/EU Photo Driving Licence) full provisional (both card and paper part) EEA National Identity Card (Non UK nationals), Firearms Certificate or Shotgun Licence, Identity Card issued by the electoral office or Northern Ireland.
- An original or certified copy of one of the following documents; instrument of a court appointment (such as grant of probate), current statement or confirmation of entitlement to a state or local authority funded benefit, including housing benefit, council tax benefit, tax credits, state pension, educational or other grant (dated within the last 12 months), Bank or Credit Card Statements, issued by a regulated financial sector firm in the UK or EU or an equivalent jurisdiction dated within the last 3 months, Utility bill (dated within the last 3 months), current year Council Tax Notice.
We are aware of a financial scam whereby a firm purporting to be Blemain Finance will ask for money upfront for unsecured loans. They may also ask that you transfer the money via the Post Office or Western Union. Please be aware that we would never ask for money upfront and we do not provide unsecured loans. If you are concerned that you may have been a victim of a scam please contact Action Fraud (links to an external site).