We think looking at your individual situation, combined with our common-sense approach to lending, makes better sense for everyone.
Buy-to-let for almost any purpose
If you need finance – whether a mortgage, remortgage or second charge secured loan – on multiple buy-to-let properties, talk to us. Why? Because we can provide a mortgage for your buy-to-let portfolio for almost any purpose.
We’re one of the few lenders offering second charge buy-to-lets, particularly interest-only second charge buy-to-lets. Plus, we also consider a large variety of property types, and have more flexibility when lending to people with less than perfect credit histories.
As well as standard securities, we’ll consider mortgages for buy-to-let portfolios with:
- ex-council houses, flats and maisonettes
- high-rise properties (yes, even ones above 6 floors)
- properties with poor valuations (when the property is in a less than perfect condition)
- non-standard constructions (when the property is a little out of the ordinary)
- normal brick-built houses, flats and maisonettes.
- 120% rental calculation
- Loans from £26,000 to £250,000 (above by referral on LTVs up to 75%)
- First and second charge available
- Adverse credit profiles considered
- Rates start from 7.9%
- Interest-only and repayment options available
With added value
We accept property types other lenders may not consider, including properties which are a little out of the ordinary, And after 5 years we don't hit you with early repayment charges if you want to pay off your loans early. So you’re not tied into the buy-to-let mortgage for the full term, leaving you to get on with your next project.
10 steps to getting a mortgage for your buy-to-let portfolio
We’ll discuss your circumstances with you and what you need.
- Once confirmed, we’ll help you complete an application form.
- Underwriting will review the application and complete a Credit Check. To do so, we’ll need various documents from you including ID and proof of income.
- If everything is ok, we’ll arrange a valuation.
- Valuation returned and will be checked by the underwriting team. If ok, we’ll instruct our solicitor.
- Your solicitor receives the legal documentation.
- Once all the paper has been sent back, our solicitor will complete the Report on Title.
- Our solicitor team will review the ROT.
- At this stage our underwriter team will complete a full review of the file in preparation for funding.
- We’ll transfer funds to your solicitor and you're good go
Our lending criteria
To qualify for this product, as a minimum, you must:
- have obtained the properties with the intent to let them out. In other words, for a business purpose.
- be at least 18-years old. There’s no maximum age limit, providing rental income covers 120% of total secured lending repayments.
- have no more than 6 demerits on your credit profile in the last 12 months.