We think looking at your individual situation, combined with our common-sense approach to lending, makes better sense for everyone.
A commercially-minded approach
We offer second charge commercial loans for almost any purpose, secured against many property types or land in the UK. This includes property portfolios, part-developed property, and land with or without planning permission. It also includes land with agricultural restrictions, so whatever your plans we can help.
As well as credit scores, we also rely on our team's know-how and factor their experience into our lending criteria. So funding may be available to those who might otherwise be left out, including those with a less than perfect credit history. We have vast experience of lending to a broad range of businesses – from factories to farmers, and everything in between.
We’ll consider commercial secured loans for:
- traditional buy-to-let portfolios
- semi-commercial and commercial investment property
- leased industrial, manufacturing, wholesale or office units
- restaurants, and retail units
- equestrian centres, hotels, leisure premises
- residential multi-lets, residential care homes
- warehouses, light industrial units, working farms and farm houses
- complex cases such as pubs, nightclubs, and part-developed property
- land with no planning permission or agricultural restrictions.
- Mortgages and remortgages from £26,000
- First and second charge
- Most security types accepted
- Up to 75% LTV (loan to value)
- Discounted variable rates
- Interest-only and capital repayment options available
With added value
We use common sense and flexibility to add value to your investment. We can secure on many properties that other lenders some lenders may not consider unlocking the finance you need. Our discounted rate product means we can offer reduced payments in the first year of your mortgage – often the most difficult time for any financial commitment.
10 steps to getting a commercial mortgage
- We’ll discuss your circumstances with you and what you need.
- Once confirmed, we’ll help you complete an application form.
- Underwriting will review the application and complete a Credit Check. To do so, we’ll need various documents from you including ID and proof of income.
- If everything is ok, we’ll arrange a valuation.
- Valuation returned and will be checked by the underwriting team. If ok, we’ll instruct our solicitor.
- Your solicitor receives the legal documentation.
- Once all the paper has been sent back, our solicitor will complete the Report on Title.
- Our solicitor team will review the ROT.
- At this stage our underwriter team will complete a full review of the file in preparation for funding.
- We’ll transfer funds to your solicitor and you're good go
Our lending criteria
- Maximum LTV (loan to value) – 65%
- Maximum loan – £100,000 (above this by referral)
- Rates start from 7.90%
- Repayment terms – 7 to 30 years
- Interest Only terms – 7 to 10 years
- Maximum age – 80 years at end of term
- Credit profile – CCJs and Defaults accepted (even in the last 12 months)
- Income types – employed, self-employed, temporary/zero-hour contracts, DWP benefits, pension